Synthetic Ice: Fun for the Whole Family All Year Long
Give it a try
If you want to create lasting memories for your home, consider investing in synthetic ice.
This type of skating surface can be used by anyone, from beginner to expert skaters, plus it's a great way to keep active during the winter months.
Synthetic ice is also perfect for parties and family gatherings.
Installing synthetic ice in your backyard is a great way to build lasting memories together while keeping everyone active and entertained.
Read on for more information on how to get started.
Create Fun Ideas
A synthetic ice rink can provide family fun for hours on end.
Here are a few fun ideas to get you started:
- Have a skating party. Invite family and friends over for some skating fun.
- Challenge each other to games. See who can do the most tricks, or race each other around the rink.
- Listen to music while you skate. Skating to your favorite tunes is a great way to get in the mood for some fun.
- Create a winter wonderland for the Holidays or "Christmas in July" during the summer! Dress up the rink with Christmas decorations and lights for a festive atmosphere.
Building family memories is one of the best things about having a synthetic ice rink in your backyard.
Here are some examples of how families have enjoyed their rink:
- Birthday Parties - One family had a skating party for their daughter's birthday and invited all her friends. They had a blast playing games and taking turns skating around the rink.
- Open House - Another family held a holiday open house and invited all their friends and family to come skate on their synthetic ice.
- Winterfest - It was a great way to get everyone together and enjoy some festive winter fun.
- Lessons - A family with young children use the synthetic ice rink as an opportunity to teach them how to skate. The parents can help them learn while also spending quality time together.
If you're looking for a fun way to spend time with your family, consider building a synthetic ice rink in your backyard.
Synthetic ice is a great alternative to traditional ice skating rinks, since it can be used indoors or outdoors and doesn't require any special equipment or training.
Here are a few tips for making the most out of your synthetic ice rink:
- Choose the right location. The best place to put your synthetic ice rink is on a level surface that gets plenty of sunlight. Make sure the area is free of obstructions, such as trees or fences, and has enough room for everyone to skate around.
- Use the right materials. In order to build a synthetic ice rink, you'll need to review the different assembly options that pertain to your rink layout.
What could be more fun than spending a winter day skating with family and friends on a synthetic ice rink?
It’s the perfect way to get some exercise, have some fun, and create lasting memories.
There are a variety of different types of synthetic ice rinks available, so you can find one that fits your needs.
Whether you want a small rink for your backyard or something larger that can accommodate a group, there’s sure to be a rink that’s perfect for you.
One of the best things about synthetic ice rinks is that they can be used year-round.
There's no need to spend big bucks on family vacations when you can create fun memories at home with your very own synthetic ice rink!
Whether you're a seasoned ice skater or this is your first time trying, here are some ideas to get creative with your rink and make the most of your family time.
Of course, one of the main attractions of a synthetic ice rink is being able to ice skate whenever you want to and in any climate.
You can either lace up and take a spin around the rink yourself, or get family and friends together for a game of hockey or figure skating.
Be careful though, as even on synthetic ice falls can still hurt!
Every Spring when the winter thaw begins and it's time to begin your annual spring cleaning.
Once we get done with the interior and the outside temperature begins to warm up the garden becomes the main priority.
While surveying the landscape you notice your pool cover is filled with water that you know you'll eventually have to get to.
That will have to wait for a much warmer day as the thought of a 54 degrees spring dip seems more like a polar bear plunge.
The actual amount of time you use the pool will be about three months if you're lucky ....beginning towards the end of June and ending when the kids return to school after Labor day.
The backyard ice rink you made for the kids has thawed and you're left with a giant fish bowl that soon will be hatching mosquitoes.
The thought of installing a year-round synthetic ice rink has crossed your mind but the overall cost does not quite appeal to you.
Then you think of the reason why you built the rink in the first place to give the kids something to enjoy at home during the cold winter months.
When you think about it the reason why you had the pool installed was to enjoy the yard and stay cool during the hot summer.
When you look at your receipt for the 12' x 24' x 4ft Oval pool you noticed you paid $3,200 for the installation.
Then just add water......hours cleaning, filtering, backwashing, adding chemicals, and winterizing.
Then you take a look at the synthetic ice estimate you received for roughly only 65% of the cost, zero maintenance with the exception of cleaning.. ..and can be used year-round you realize that's not so bad!
As you can see, synthetic ice rinks offer many different installation options and applications, unlike traditional refrigerated ice.
The cost of owning and operating a synthetic ice rink is a huge saving in itself and provides unlimited ice all year long.
The Pro-Glide panel by PolyGlide Ice provides an ice-like feel and was built to endure the cold winter months and hot summer days.
Please take a minute and scan through our website to see all of the different rink package options that are now available to anyone who loves the idea of skating in their own home environment.